The Plus is our recognizable vehicle, helping us stand out and unifying our brand across all categories. It supercharges all of our products and services with contextual meaning and relevance. The Plus expresses the brand identity and our communicative approach across all touchpoints.
Heritage & utilization
Where does the HARTMANN Plus come from?
The HARTMANN Plus is directly derived from the legacy cross used in the Hartmann brand logo and thus acts as a strong connector to the brand’s heritage.
We use the Plus as a focused stage for image motifs: introducing, highlighting, and elaborating on product and industry topics to generate attention. At the same time, the Plus combines all elements into a memorable overall impression that is uniquely HARTMANN.
A signal for added value.
Single-minded extra benefit.
1. Recognition and unification: The Plus symbol serves as a key identifier of the HARTMANN brand across various communication efforts. Its presence unifies the brand’s visual identity and ensures consistent recognition.
2. Prominent yet flexible: The Plus is utilized prominently, yet its flexibility allows for optimal integration with both product and headline elements. This adaptability ensures that the Plus enhances the overall design without hindering the visual flow.
3. Dynamic placement: In alignment with flexibility, the Plus can be positioned to the right, left, or bottom bleed of the layout. This dynamic placement creates visual interest and encourages engagement with the content.
4. Bleeding and inside pages: The Plus is permitted to extend into the bleed area of the layout. This approach creates a sense of expansiveness and modernity in design. On inside pages, bleeding on two sides is also acceptable, maintaining the brand’s contemporary aesthetic.
5. Recognizability and balance: While ensuring flexibility, the Plus must always remain recognizable. No other design elements should be compromised in terms of their prominence or importance. The Plus works in harmony with other visuals, contributing to a balanced and impactful composition.
6. Guiding proportions: When adjusting the Plus’s size, maintain good proportions similar to the provided examples. The aim is to achieve a visually appealing balance that aligns with the brand’s design philosophy.
7. Interaction with product and headline: The Plus’s positioning is strategically chosen to interact optimally with both product visuals and headlines. This approach highlights the brand’s message while complementing the content.
"The Plus symbol is a versatile and powerful tool for expressing the HARTMANN brand identity across various communication materials."
The Plus within the ellipse and logo
- The HARTMANN Plus is displayed either in its entirety or extending into the page margins.
- Its size is scaled proportionally to that of the logo size.
- It is consistently positioned outside the ellipse which serves as the designated space for the logo.
- Overlaps, connections, or direct links between the Plus and the ellipse are not allowed.
- Do not distort, tilt or rotate the Plus and avoid disproportionate enlargement.
- With the exception of inside pages, ensure that the Plus does not extend into the page margin on more than one side. The Plus must always maintain its recognizability.
The Plus in use
The plus sign serves as a mask for the photo, with part of the image extending beyond the plus sign.
The image content can vary in the photos. The guidelines for photography apply here as well. The overlapping part of the image must not collide with the shown product and eye-catchers.
The Plus on leaflet cover pages
- The Plus symbol is intended for use on all cover pages. However, instead of incorporating a picture within the Plus, you have the option to use a Plus-shaped element filled with a solid color chosen from the primary or secondary Hartmann color palette, excluding turquoise and cyan.
- Placement: The Plus symbol may extend into the bleed area along any margin as dictated by the layout’s specific requirements.
- The white platform ellipse should be substituted with the Plus symbol, serving as both a design element and platform. Combining the white ellipse with the Plus symbol is not allowed.
The Plus in horizontal and vertical formats
- Consistently use the Plus across formats whenever possible.
- Images may be inverted.
- The product is positioned directly next to the Plus. The exact placement is variable, but is always in the lower area of the layout.
The image motifs used are both descriptive (direct application / impact of the product) and emotional. They tell a story that introduces and explains the product, using fresh, clear colors and depicting characters that are likable. The visual language is never lecturing but conveys support and expertise at eye level. The motifs visually express the single most important benefit of the product. In addition to full-body shots, close-ups or focusing on specific parts of a person or object are also possible.
The image scenarios should align with the specific target groups of the communication (B2B and B2C). However, in individual cases, they can also be placed at a higher level to address more general topics.
- Choose one of these secondary colors
- Panton Bold and/or Panton Semibold are used.
- Various font styles can be combined.
- Typography is in white or HARTMANN Dark Blue.
- The green eye-catcher should only be used for sustainability-related topics.
- The eye-catcher is positioned behind the packshots.
- The text within the eye-catcher is centered.
- Rectangle with rounded corners.
- The color is always HARTMANN red.
- It is consistently placed in front of the product packshot.